Quilt your own quilts at Quilters Haven and Quilts of Valor Sew-In !
- Join a class to learn how to use our long-arm machine the Avante 18" Handi Quilter. You will then be able to rent time on the machine to quilt your own projects. We will be offering this class on Saturday June 22nd from 9:30am-1pm $45.00 for the class fee. Stop in or send a check in to reserve your spot in the class. Once you have take this class you can schedule a time to quilt your quilt for a rental fee of $20.00/hour. After you have taken the start up class you can finish Quilts of Valor quilts on the Avante long arm machine FREE of charge. (Certain guidelines will apply)
- Quilters Haven will be hosting a Quilts of Valor Sew-In Friday June 21st and Saturday June 22nd. Please bring your sewing machine and sewing supplies to make quilts for wounded veterans. Fabric will be on hand to cut and piece as well as patterns to use but you are welcome to bring your own fabric. You can find the requirements at the following site http://www.qovf.org/content/basic-qov-requirements.html We'll have desserts to share too! There is a great need for these quilts so please come and show your support of our soldiers. Thank you for your support of Quilts of Valor. We are hoping for a good turn out for our event. Bring a friend!
NEW Fabric is in at Quilters Haven:
Seven Classes offered this Spring at Quilters Haven:
May 31st, June 1st and June 2nd
Mary Beth Krapil, will be teaching classes at Quilters Haven. Each class is 3 hours and costs $50.
Send checks made out to Quilters Haven and a list of classes you would like to take
Friday May 31st · 9:30-12:30 Art N Stitch · 1pm-4pm
Saturday June 1st · 9:30am-12:30 pm Fun with Feathers (free motion quilting using HQ16, Avante or Fusion ) · 1pm-4pm Pantographs, Groovy Boards and Micro Handles
Sunday June 2nd · 9:30am- 12:30pm Fun with Finishing: Ideas on how to get your quilt quilted (Sit Down Machine Class) · 1pm-4pm HQ Rulers
Mary Beth's goal is to share her knowledge and passion for quilting. She loves to teach the basics to new quilters and also enjoys introducing new techniques and ideas to experienced quilters. She's a HQ Pro-Stitcher expert and has fun sharing the joys of computerized quilting and digitizing. An avid sewer since childhood, Mary Beth has been teaching quilting and piecing classes since 1998. In 2004 she bought a HQ Sixteen to finish her own quilts. She wanted to keep exclusive artistic ownership of the quilts she had pieced and give her quilts “personality” through quilting. Mary Beth's quilts have won awards at AQS Paducah, MQS and Road to California, as well as many local shows in Florida. She has quilts published in national magazines as well as having the honor of quilting quilts included in published books.
April 17th or May 8th or June 5th
will be scheduled
for Wednesday June 5th
Thank you for purchasing your supplies at Quilters Haven!
Pricing on Handi Quilter long arm machines demo and used from Quilters Haven
- Avante (bought 2010) $7400 includes:laser light, bobbin winder and ruler base
- Sweet 16 (bought 2012) $5200 includes: Tru-Stitch and 2 extension tables and bobbin winder
- HQ 16 (bought in 2008) $5500 on studio frame includes: 1 set 12ft. leaders, stylus and adapter, laser light, groovy boards, ruler base and bobbin winder (will deliver within reasonable area of Chicago/Rockford)
- Old Model Sit-Down (bought 2010) $3995 or best offer includes bobbin winder and ott light
- Quilters Haven Demo Fusion $10,000 includes laser light and bobbin winder
All are original owners
***Demo Avante machines are available from the Paducah Quilt Show April 24th -27th Only a few machines are left. New machines are used in classrooms April 24th - 27th and sold for $7995 Machines can be purchased now by contacting Quilters Haven. They will go fast!
If you have any questions about the demo machines or would like to contact the owners of the used machines please call Quilters Haven 815-227-1659
and ask for Cathy or Stephanie
Buck A Block Started in January at Quilters Haven
See the photograph below...
Come in and sign up!
If you would like to join, please read the following:
- You are entitled to purchase one block kit each month for $1.00 when you visit our store.
- You must visit our store at least once every month (on any day you choose during normal business hours). If you are late the total fee for the late kit is $3.00. You must come in and pick up your own block and not another persons block. If you do pick up another persons block the fee is $3.00. No exceptions will be made.
- You may pick up additional kits for $3.00